macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Auszzinc
    rendering
    Could someone please tell me how i can render only a certain section without rendering the hole project
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: rendering
    Hi Aussieinc, welcome to the MPV forums :) I'm not near FCP right now but there are a few ways to do this. Here's one way: 1. Select the clip/(s) in the Timeline -- shift-click to select multiple clips. 2. If you want to select an area which is not split as different clips, et the In and Out points around this area to be rendered. 3. Choose Sequence > Render Selection > ...Both / Video or Audio depending on what you wish to render. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Auszzinc
    thanks for the help.. However i tried that and it isnt working it is still rendering the entire timeline. Do i have a preference set incorrectly perhaps.
  • Auszzinc
    I am under the impression that command R is render selection but when i hit that render screen comes up for a split second and does nothing. Pretty frustrating
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Which method did you try? Selecting (and highlighting) the clips and transitions with red lines above them or using the In / Out points? Thanks R
  • Rounik Admin
    Also, which version of Final Cut are you running?
  • Auszzinc
    Im using fce 4.0.1 I tried highlighting the section and then hitting command r the render screen pops up for a millisecond and does nothing... I havent tried the in out just cause it wasnt applicable to what i was doing. thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: