macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Pierre
    Graphs? Best way to create graphs in FCP?
    Hello there. I need to make a graph in a short period of time for a FCP sequence. Any recommendations? I have a basic knowledge of excel but can I incorporate graphs from excel to FCP? ANy ideas suggestions? What is the industry norm? Many thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Graphs? Best way to create graphs in FCP?
    Hi Pierre, I don't use Excel... but you can use Numbers and import the graph into Keynote... then it's easy to either animate it or export the slideshow as a .mov file which can be imported into FCP. Could you do the same using Excel and take that graph into Powerpoint and then export the slide as a movie? Even if this is not possible, try taking a screenshot of the graph (Shift-Command-4) and then in Photoshop or Preview adjust the size of the graphic file to suit your needs. Then you can import that image into FCP - just drag it into the Bin. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Pierre
    Thanks for the response. So "Numbers" and "Keynote" are applications that I can purchase? Or is this something I will find is already installed on the Mac-pro? Thanks Mr. Rounik. Pierre
  • Pierre
    I was wondering if there were any tutorials about that? Thanks again. Pierre
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pierre, Apple's Numbers and Keynote and Pages come as part of iWork. You may have them already in your Applications folder. If you do then you'll have a fully functional 30 day demo per application. If not then you can download the trial here: [url]http://www.apple.com/iwork/download-trial/[/url] :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Thinking about this again... If you already have Excel and you know how to make a graph in Excel then do that and take a screenshot of the graph: Shift-Command-4 You'l find the image file on your Desktop. Import this file into Final Cut. Done! :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Yup - there'a a tutorial for everything here ;-) there are separate tuts for each iWork app here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/iwork-application[/url] - but my previous post probably explains the easiest way to do what you need. :)
  • Pierre
    Thank you very much Rounik. That was very very helpful. Pierre
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: