macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Auszzinc
    Is three point editing the same for fcE and fcP
    I am watching the final cut 7 core final cut video im on the section where it talks about three point editing im doing exactly what he is doing setting my in and out in the canvas and the in in the viewer but im getting an error that says insufficient content for edit. Ive also set an in and out in the viewer and and out in the canvas ect and the same message comes up.. Am i doing something wrong or is it because im using final cut express ? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Is three point editing the same for fcE and fcP
    Hi, You're not doing anything wrong as such... but this message means there isn't enough actual footage in your clip to be able to carry out an edit at that point of the clip. How long are the clips and what exactly are you trying to do? For example, if you set an In and Out in the Sequence clip for say a duration of 10 seconds... and in the Viewer's clip try to bring in only 3 seconds of the clip, you'll get the "insufficient content for edit" message as there is not long enough duration to insert into the sequence In/Out selection. Hope this makes sense :) Rounik
  • Auszzinc
    Thanks Rounik.. I am just practicing for fun and i have a yoga video im going to be editing and feel this would be helpful to learn... I guess im still confused.. I thought if you set an in point in the veiwer and an in/out in the canvas the viewer clip would last as long as the in/out in the canvas.. I thought that is what that edit was for.. If i set and i/o in the viewer and an out in the canvas it went as long as the clip in the viewer. HOw would i correct this.. Thanks for your help austin
  • Auszzinc
    for some reason it is working now.. THanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Sorry for the delayed reply - but glad to know you've got it working :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: