macProVideo.com
Forums
  • HonestAbe
    FCP 7 (UpGrade)
    My old Mac Book Pro took a turn for the worst, so I ended up buying a new one. Instead of uploading FCP 6 (full version) I just uploaded FCP 7 (upgrade only) and I figured that it would ask for my old License of FCP 6 to continue. It did not and is running as far as I can see on the upgrade version without a hitch. Anyone come across this little glitch, because if I don't find any problems then I see that anyone can purchase FCP 7 (Upgrade Only) and save themselves a lot of $$$$>
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCP 7 (UpGrade)
    Well, that's an interesting problem to have... and you certainly live up to your forum name ;-) I've not come across this glitch in the FCP upgrade system before... As far as I can remember I've needed to enter the upgrade serial and the original serial numbers. :)
  • HonestAbe
    You are right. But with me buying a new MAC, my last FCP License was on my old MAC and even if you delete the old version it was still on the MAC somewhere. Now that I am on my new MAC with no old license, I'd figured that it would ask for my old version license but not this time. I hope apple looks into this, if not they will loose a lot of $$$$.
  • David Petree
    Wow That is nice I am running the FCP Studio 8 and sitting here patiently waiting on the New Studio in June. Final Cut Pro X is going to be well worth it
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David, You're running FCP 8?? The latest version is FCP 7 (part of Final Cut Studio 3)... are you running a version that hasn't been released... or some Beta version of FCP X? ;-)
  • David Petree
    Sorry for the confusion. I am running FCP Studio 3, not 8. I was saying "i am waiting patiently on Final Cut Pro X"
  • HonestAbe
    Hi David: I saw that FCP X might be delivered some time in June and can only be acquired by download only. That is the only part I do not agree on. I personally like to have a hard disk in my hands so if I need to upgrade or have a problem with my system then I don't need the hassle of downloading again. JMO
  • David Petree
    yea, i agree. the Appstore is GREAT for small apps, but trying to download the whole suite (if you buy it) its going to be tough. With as much trouble as we have had trying to download MacOSX lion from the AppStore, i sure hope they fix something. I cannot see trying to download huge apps, and if the suite is anything like the last one (60gigs), then its going to take days for some people to get it. I sure hope they send out disc. I can understand the thought behind it. It will cut down on Piracy, but its going to hurt a lot of people. But, you only have to download it once, after that, you can burn it do disc. That is what some people did with Lion
  • HonestAbe
    I think with the money we pay for it, apple can afford to put the software on disk if the buyer request it. If not then do like some of these app stores and charge a small fee to make and ship the disk.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: