macProVideo.com
Forums
  • llear
    system settings folders for individual projects
    Hello Llear here. I have 12 projects in a work folder and each project has its own folder, inside is the project file and a folder for each: Autosave Vault, Capture Scratch, Render Files, Waveform Cache, Thumbnail, etc. Each time I save and close a project and open another existing project folder with the same config the new project points to the previous project system settings folders instead of the current. It seems like Final Cut wants to point to the same system settings folder for every project. I am trying to keep individual Project assets their own unique folders so I can travel with ease to a another studio or share the project. Is this not possible with Final Cut or am I just missing a step or steps? Do I need to reset the system settings each time I open a project? Thanks in advance --Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: system settings folders for individual projects
    Hi Llear Final cut just works like that! I personally keep the assets organised manually. But you can take thte folders within these system settings folders with you to wherever you're going to. One way is to save them to an external HD and then you've got them all with you whichever studio you use. I have a feeling this current asset management system might all change when Final Cut Pro X is released... :)
  • llear
    Re: system settings folders for individual projects
    Thank you. Great to hear a possible change, to much old school can slow things down. thanks again. --Llear
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: