macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sony 2100e
    Sony dcr-vx2100e
    Hello could someone please advise me if there is a fix for final cut 10 not reading the sony vx2100e. Cables Camera Firewire are all working it just does not read the camera. Thankyou
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sony dcr-vx2100e
    Hi Sony2100e, Welcome to the forums... Final Cut 10 has not been released yet. Which version of Final Cut Express/Pro are you using? Thanks :) R
  • Sony 2100e
    Sorry its 7.03 Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks! So, all the firewire cables connected properly? Have you tried different cables to make sure? Is the camera in playback (and not capture) mode? Does iMovie recognize the camera? What exactly happens when you connect your camera - in the Log and capture window in final cut? Thanks Rounik
  • Sony 2100e
    Hello thanks for your reply. Yes the cables have been tested playback mode all has been verified by an apple store. Camera is not recognised by iMovie. When the camera is connect in the log and capture window only the camera from iMAc shows. When i took the camera to a mac shop and they connected to their mac computers same thing happened nothing. Then I called sony and they said the camera wont work because of the new firewire mac has adapted. they said it would work if it was a 6 pin into 9pin firewire cable. But will not work with 4 pin into 9 pin. Thanks for the help
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: