macProVideo.com
Forums
  • llear
    Renaming FCP project to match Logic Project name
    Does anyone know how to rename a FCP project without breaking the path to Scratch Disk, Auto save Vault etc. I am constructing 12 ambient projects, each inside their own folder with path to Scratch, Auto Save Vault, etc (inside said folder). They all have random titles ex,(La Jolla Cove at Sunset) just for reference. After edits I fly a temp movie into Logic, compose to video, mix, name finished Logic track with the official project name, then bounce to 48k aiff and import into the FCP project (Simple). Now that the Logic file has the official project title, how do I rename the FCP project without confusing FCP. I would like to rename the FCP project folder and the project file inside so it matches the Logic Project title. My apple 121 folks said it is a no go. I am hoping to mirror the project folder names with Logic and FCP but the official name comes only after Logic is mixed. Hope this is much easier than I am making it. Anyone with work around? Thanks in advance --Llear
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Renaming FCP project to match Logic Project name
    Hi llear, Could you just "save as..." with the new name. That way none of the asset links will be broken and you can delete the originals if needed? (Always keep a backup first ;-) There's another way to work as well. In FCP create one project and sub-folders within your Bin for each of the 12 ambient projects. Import all footage into this project and distribute clips across the folders as desired. Next, simply name your folders in the Bin and create a separate sequence for each of the 12 ambient projects. Now, you can rename the sub-folders in the Bin whenever you like and you can rename the Sequences too. But the main FCP project file can stay with the same name. Maybe that will work for next time? :)
  • llear
    Re: Renaming FCP project to match Logic Project name
    Wow! Trying to wrap my head around it. Can you tell me if this would work... After editing can I drag a FCP project folder (w/scratch folder and assets, etc inside) into the top level of my finished Logic project folder without breaking the FCP system settings paths? That way I would not care about the FCP project folder name as It would live inside the correct (official named) Logic project folder. So Music and Video would be in same (official named) folder for each project. Thanks in advance --Llear
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: