macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ddonna001
    Sharing on FCP
    When using the sharing option to make a DVD on FCP, I am getting an error message. It says: Share failure Internal error Apple Qmaster File agent not found Does anyone know what this means? I can save my project as a data file and bring it into DVD Pro without a problem, but share does not work
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sharing on FCP
    Hi ddonna001, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! There definitely were some sharing issues with Final Cut Pro 7. Qmaster is part of Final Cut Studio. Have you updated to the latest version of Final Cut Pro? Which version exactly are you running? Also what version of Mac OSX are you running? Thanks! Rounik
  • ddonna001
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have FCP studio and I tried updating it recently. Not sure of my operating system, but it a fairly new IMac purchased about 1 year ago. Is this a common problem?
  • Rounik Admin
    I think it has been a fairly common problem... at least from memory when FCP 7 came out in summer of 2009. There were definitely some sharing issues. To find out your Mac OS X Operating system version: - Click on the "Apple" icon (top left of screen) and choose "About this Mac". (The current latest version is 10.6.7. To find out your FCP version: - Navigate to your Applications folder. - Single-click on the Final Cut Pro file. - Choose File > Get Info (from the Finder's File menu). You should see the version number in the info list. Finally, I'd highly recommend you update your apps to the latest versions: - Quit Final Cut if it's running and click on the Apple Menu again and choose "Software Update". - Wait a while until your system has been checked and if you wish to you can click on "Details" to see what is set to be installed/updated. - When you're happy click on "Update" or "OK". Hopefully this issue has been fixed in an update. Let me know how you get on...
  • ddonna001
    Thank you, I will check it and make sure I have all the updates when I get home :)
  • ddonna001
    OK, I checked my Operating system it is the latest 10.6.7 For FCP it is 7.0.3 I believe it is the latest also because my system says I have all the updates, but share is still giving me the same message
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Donna, Well, if QMaster is causing this problem then it's likely that something went wrong during FCP install, or wasn't completely installed. I would try re-installing Final Cut Studio from the install discs. Let me know how you get on. Thanks R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: