macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Brandon
    Problem transferring video from Motion to FCP
    Hi, I am using Motion to create super slow motion footage with a GoPro HD. The video is recorded at 60fps and I can slow it down so it looks super smooth in Motion however once I am finished with what I am doing in Motion and take the video back into Final Cut Pro the video goes all juddrey and is not nearly as smooth as it was in motion. Why is this? Please help Thanks Brandon
  • Hisham
    Re: Problem transferring video from Motion to FCP
    Hi Brandon Check your sequence settings in FCP and make it match with your Motion sequence settings. Ensure that your render in FCP and then play back. Good luck.
  • Brandon
    Hisham, I know how to check all the sequence settings in FCP but how do I check all of this in motion? (I am new to it) And what settings would I be looking for in particular? Frame rate? or what? Thanks for your help so far
  • Hisham
    Project Properties under the Edit Menu or COMMAND J. This is what you would normally set at the beginning of every Motion project. Clicking on the presets will give you a list of the different settings.
  • Brandon
    Thankyou this seems to have solved my problem :)
  • Brandon
    Hisham, I wonder if you could help me with one more thing as you seem to know motion well. When I have imported a sequence of say 10 seconds and I want to slow it down to about 10% of the origional speed. But when I do this I get the beginning of the sequence and not the rest how do I get the entire sequence slowed down?
  • Hisham
    Hi Brandon, I think your in- and out points are not encompassing your video totally after the time stretching. When you slow down the video, the video will stretch and become longer than originally. Your in/out points in motion are the boundaries for the time stretch. If you want to have the total video, increase the in and out points and ensure that the resulted (slowed) video is still with those boundaries. That should do it!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: