macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Final Cut Pro X
    can't see the Filter Windo
    I'm following Tutorial 25 "Searching & Filtering" in Ch1: Ingest and Organize and I can't figure out why the Filter window isn't displaying (Edit/Find). Anyone else have this problem?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: can't see the Filter Windo
    Hi Final Cut Pro X, Welcome to the forums ! The Edit > Find... displays the Filer window fine here. Do you have the Event Browser selected? If the Canvas is selected it seems the window doesn't appear. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Final Cut Pro X
    I believe the Event Browser is selected. How can I be sure it is (unlike FC{ 7, it's not crystal which window is active). Right now, I still don't see the filter dialog. I DO see the magnifying glass search field and can enter into that in the upper right, but the filter still hasn't appeared. Sigh.
  • Rounik Admin
    strange... but try this and let me know if you encounter the same behaviour: Click on the background of: 1. The Event Library (it turns a lighter shade of grey) and choose Edit > Find... (The Filter window should NOT display) 2. The Timeline (turns a lighter shade of grey). Choose Edit > Find... or CMD-F and the Timeline Index will appear with the Search field selected. 3. The Event Browser (not event library) and choose CMD-F or Edit > Find... The Filter window should appear Do you get the same behaviour? Are you running OS 10.6.8 or 10.6.7?
  • Final Cut Pro X
    10.6.7 Okay, I see what the problem was. I have an overhead monitor, which I haven't been using. The Filter dialog was displaying THERE even though, I've not selected Window/Show Event on 2nd... or Window/Show Viewer... Go figure.
  • Rounik Admin
    Aha! Are you sending Apple these bug reports btw? Would be good to do so - via the 'Final Cut Pro Feedback\ under the FCP menu Keep posting them here though! It's good to see what bugs or quirks others are finding in FCP X. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: