macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Final Cut Pro X
    audio clip bug in FCP X timeline
    I've got audio playing that is not showing on my timeline. It's clearly part of another nearby clip, but this piece is NOT extended beyond a certain point. Weird!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: audio clip bug in FCP X timeline
    Interesting bug! Can you provide some details about the clip settings and the project settings. Are you able to replicate this in another project? Is skimming and/or audio skimming turned on/off?
  • Final Cut Pro X
    Don't think I can replicate. I've been trying all kinds of weird stuff. I'm just beginning to get a handle on the interface, but not there yet by a long shot. I've seen FCP X crash a couple of times too. Running on a newish iMac Intel Core 2 Duo w 8 GB of RAM.
  • Final Cut Pro X
    The one thing I can tell you is that I am using simple DV footage at ntsc. I had laid in a placeholder generator element. Maybe, that has something to do with it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Difficult to say. There's bound to be some glitches with an early .0 version of any software in my experience :)
  • Final Cut Pro X
    I think I know what may have happened. I believe I may have expanded an audio/video clip. Created an overlapping audio edit then I had a collapsed the clip. After doing this, the clip appears on the timeline indicating that audio is starting at a different point than it actually does. Are they calling this a new "feature"?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: