macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    Are motion and Compressor standalone?
    Hi team Are Motion and Compressor standalone plugins? and will they work with imovie? ie can you export an imovie project to Compressor? Thanks! Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Are motion and Compressor standalone?
    Hi Hamish Compressor is included with Logic Studio - so you already have it :) Both Motion and Compressor are separate applications. There's nothing to stop you using them in conjunction with iMovie - but you won't get tha same level of integration that us possible with FCP X. :)
  • Hamish H
    Well so I do! (sheepish grin) :) that is a good surprise - can't believe I never even noticed! I hope that's all I missed. Hmm, so which forum do I post my upcoming Compressor and Motion questions then? I'll be keeping clear of FCP X for the time being. Its a lot more expensive here in Australia so at the moment it costs too much for what I want to use it for, if that makes sense. I think can achieve everything I want to do with just an upgrade to imovie 11, and getting Motion. Oh and will MPV be making new Motion tutorials? Cheers Rounik H
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Hamish! There's not many differences between Compressor 3.5 and 4 - so you can use the Compressor tutorials to get you up to speed. Motion 4 and 5 are pretty similar - but we Motion 5 tuts in production to deal with all the new features... don't have an ETA yet - but believe once the FCP X tuts are all out then Motion 5 will be next! Sure, post any Compressor and Motion questions here in the FCP forum :) Also, check the Hub for written tutorials coming up... :)
  • Hamish H
    Thanks boss :) Don't worry, I'm glued to the Hub. I'll check out the compressor tutorials too H
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool :) Here's a review of Compressor 4 (over version 3.5) by RIchard Lainhart as an overview: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/first-look-review-compressor-4-any-major-improvements[/url] I love using Compressor to batch convert audio files - really, really useful - and yet vastly underused by most Logicians I know... I smell a Hub tutorial idea... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: