macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    thinking about Final Cut X
    Hello I am making music videos to go with tracks I've created in Logic. The track I'm working with is a set length (4.24) and I have a number of clips that I'm fitting to it. The thing is I have a number of 'moments' that really work - there are clips that go great with particular parts of the song, but I'm having problems keeping them in place; when I do edits in other places, imovie shuffles all the clips around. eg if i delete a clip imovie shuffles all the clips over to the left to take up the space. So my question is, is this what Final Cut X's magnetic timeline is all about? In Final Cut can I fit clips to an audio track and have them stay where they are no matter what, so I can work in a non-linear fashion? Thanks very much! Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: thinking about Final Cut X
    Hi Hamish, The magnetic timeline does just that - shifts things about to keep all aspects in sync... but you can move and delete clips (audio and video) and stop the timeline from magnetically adjusting to fill in the gaps. Bascially, use the Shift-Delete to remove elements and the Position tool to move elements around instead. (This is all in the FCP X Training btw): Check out Michael Wohl's FREE FCP X Overview tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcutprox101-overview-and-quick-start-guide[/url] The FCP X 103 is probably more applicable for your question though and to get a deeper understanding of how to edit in FCP X: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcutprox103-editing-in-the-magnetic-timeline[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: