macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JulianM
    FCP X - anyone else finding it a bit glitchy?
    I've no interest in sparking off a debate about FCP X vs FCP7 - I think that one's been well and truly done to death! As someone with zero know-how re video editing before June this year it's made a lot of sense for me to embrace FCP X as I've had nothing to unlearn. That said I'm finding the app fairly glitchy. Nothing really impossible to workaround - most of my problems go away when I make sure I only open the inspector when I really have to and close it before selecting anything else. In other words the way the inspector updates what its showing is working very poorly and has caused numerous beachball crashes. Fortunately FCPX's auto save has meant I haven't lost too much work, but it is frustrating none the less. I've been excusing this on the basis of it being essentially a version 1 release, but it's occurred to me that maybe this is unique to me? If it is then obviously I can try a fresh install or problem solve in various other ways. But if it's a general problem then like everyone else I'll just have to workround it and wait (impatiently!) for 10.1! cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCP X - anyone else finding it a bit glitchy?
    Hi Julian, ... you're not alone... ;-) There are some glitches and bugs that need fixing. I'd also put this down to being version 1.0 of FCP X. I've suffered a few minor crashes (by minor I mean without having lost any work) and one major crash in the past 2 months. I'm not sure that a fresh install would solve the gremlins you're coming across. Can you tell me about the project settings for the projects you're experiencing issues with? Thanks Rounik
  • JulianM
    Hi Rounik, thanks for the reassurance! Good to know I'm not alone :) The project I'm working on is 1080i HD 1440 x 1080 | 25i and stereo 48kHz Is that the kind of detail you were after? If not tell me where to look? I guess I've been assuming it was all version 1.0 based, but some things are just SO silly - like having to click multiple times just to open the field so I can write a note about a clip - that I'm surprised I haven't read more about them. I mean I accept that there maybe all kinds of advanced features pro users are missing, but you'd think they'd have got the simple stuff worked out. cheers Julian
  • Sam
    I have had a few beach ball crashes, but thats it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: