macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JulianM
    Workflow in FCP X advice please
    I have about 18 hours of HDV of a three day seminar. I'm looking to do two things with the footage: 1) At some stage the video will need to be put onto DVDs so that the seminar attendees can receive a copy. 2) Before then I need to extract 15 minute sections of specific portions of the seminar and get it into a format suitable for streaming on the net. For example at the moment I have the Friday morning session (about 90 minutes) about ready. This will be DVD 1 but also needs to be broken up into about 6 shorter movies, each with its own title sequence and end credits. Having cut the 90 minute video into these shorter sections how do I then most efficiently add the title and end credits and then export them as standalone movies while still retaining the 90 minute video without any titles or edits? Is it about making each shorter movie a new project? Looking ahead it would be quite cool if these shorter movies would also become chapters on the DVD. If I was working in Logic with audio then I'd just create new tracks with shorter regions and then solo and bounce each track. How do I do something similar with FCP X please? Sorry this is so long - I figure there must be an obvious way of doing this, but its all still pretty unfamiliar to me! cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Workflow in FCP X advice please
    Hi Julian, So, I must admit I haven't worked on anything for DVDs for quite a while now... (and certainly not in FCP X)... You can make DVD chapter markers in DVD Studio Pro.... or in Compressor 4... but, AFAIK, it's simply not possible to make DVD chapter markers in FCP X :( I would add the titles then open in Compressor and add the chapter markers and then send it to DVD. Hope that works! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: