macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Straight Shooter
    log and transfer
    Final cut 6.0 keeps quitting everytime I try to do a log and transfer. Any suggestions about how to resolve this or program my settings to stop doing this...would reinstalling the the final cut install disk solve this problem? I have plenty of space on my mac HD and on my external HD which is wherte my scratch disk is set to... i am running mac osx snow leopard
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: log and transfer
    Hi Straight Shooter, Check out this Hub article on trouble-shooting FCP (pre-version X): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/troubleshooting-final-cut-quick-guide-resetting-preferences[/url] Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
  • Straight Shooter
    Re: log and transfer PROBLEM SOLVED
    Rounik, There is not much to say here, as I am really quite speechless. Your advice has once again been my saving grace. All the empty FCP frustrations seemed to have vanished once I was able to trash the prefs that were causing the problem. The link you sent me had the information I needed to fix my problem and put me back on the road to editing. Thank God for people like yourselves who help out those less fortunate editors who are forced to deal with FCP's weaknesses, especially on a Sunday night! CHEERS TO YOU! Straight Shooter
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: log and transfer PROBLEM SOLVED
    Hi Straight Shooter, Really glad to know the article on The Hub helped! But I can't take all the credit... Richard Lainhart wrote that excellent article for The MPV Hub... In fact, I'm sure he'd appreciate it if he knew how much it had helped you. Feel free to post a comment at the bottom of the article ;-) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: