macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bonita Buchanan
    Specs for creating Still images for FCP out of Photoshop
    I am in need of help. When I make .tiff images for FCP 7 and import, they fit properly, however, when I save them as .psd files to insure layers when in FCP they are elongated and do not fit properly. it seems IMPOSSIBLE to make this work and to get support. What are the specs for creating .psd files for a high def FCP movie that will fit correctly and secure layers when importing into FCP7? Many thanks.
  • bonita Buchanan
    Re: Specs for creating Still images for FCP out of Photoshop
    Wait a minute...Don't we have moderators who answer questions here?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bonita, Welcome to the MPV forums! What video frame size are you working with? Have you checked out the first few videos of this tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/photoshopcs5204[/url] Let me know if you need more help. :) Rounik
  • bonita Buchanan
    Rounik: Thanks SO much. My specs for my movie are: HD HDV - 1080p24 23.98 fps When I import flattened .PSD .tiff files at 4800 px x 2700 px they fit perfectly. ( or 16 x 9) But, if I keep the same files as .psd files so I can have the layers and import them, they are too elongated and don't fit. What am I doing wrong? Yes, have watched the dvd up to animating stills. The instructor didn't choose HD from the psd menu when he created his sample.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bonita, I vaguely remember importing .psd's into a FCP7 HDV 16:9 project in the past without any issue. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to FCP7 - only FCP X... Only thing I can think of is to double-check the canvas size and check the non-square pixels option...
  • bonita Buchanan
    How about you tell me how you would do it in FCPX and perhaps that would offer some help?
  • Rounik Admin
    FCP X is a completely different application to FCP 7 and previous versions. About the only thing similar between the two is the name ;-) Unfortunately, FCP X doesn't (currently) support layered PSD imports...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: