macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Justwes
    FCPX import issues
    First time messing around with any version of final cut last night. Was trying to import a clip from my iPhone and I got the following error: [i]The following clip encountered an error during import and is still referencing media on the camera:[/i] Did some searching elsewhere to find a resolution and some folks suggested plugin issues, where as others created a new user account and was able to successfully import within that account. I got around it by importing into iPhoto, as the same error happened in iMovie, transferred to iMovie, exported as a video, then imported into FCPX. Not the solution I would like to use in the future. Any suggested fixes?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCPX import issues
    Hi Justwes, I'd also have suggested a new user account ... but certainly not an ideal long-term solution. Try recording some more video on your iPhone (what version 3G, 4, 4S?) and then import it on to your Mac. When you try to import it into FCP X do you still encounter the same issue? Are you using OS X 10.7.1?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: