macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dorothy
    Importing movies to Final Cut Express
    I'm working on an animated series using Anime Studio software to create each scene. When I export each scene to a Quicktime .mov file, the quality is crisp and perfect. I'm just having trouble figuring out how to maintain the quality when I use Final Cut Express to edit the complete project. In Anime Studio, I have my file settings on HDTV 1080p, Quicktime H264 at 24 frames best quality. Is there a way to maintain the quality of the movies in Final Cut Express? I like using FCE to synch up the Logic audio files to get a good audio quality (the animation software doesn't have great audio). Any help you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. I really want the project to look and sound perfect as I will be pitching my animated series to production companies. I have a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.8 Thanks so much. Dorothy
  • Jeff G
    Re: Importing movies to Final Cut Express
    Dorothy, FCE only edits in AIC - Apple Intermediate Compression (for HD) and DV. All of your material will take a hit in quality. Additionally, you shouldn't transcode to h.264 - but rather use the Animation codec (huge files, zero lossage). h.264 is meant for distribution. As far as perfect? You'll have to end up with something else - either FCP 7 (really similar), FCPX (really different), Avid Media Composer or Premiere Pro.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: