macProVideo.com
Forums
    Re: Why is FCPX crashing constantly?
    I hadn't used motion before so I just right-clicked on the icons inside the Project Browser and it crashed. It does it every single time! There isn't even a command for right clicking but it's very strange that it happens, and on each of the two Macs I have. I've done each of the things you've suggested except Disk Warrior. If you think that might help and can't hurt anything I'll try it. I did an archive/reinstall of ML as well as disc repair and permissions in OS X. What is the difference between Disk Warrior and the built in function?
  • BenB
    I assume you mean right-click on something inside of FCP X. What OS and app versions are you running? Repair Permissions simply does a UNIX routine that verifies permissions. Disk Warrior repairs and rebuilds a had drives directory. Very, very different things that have nothing to do with each other. Honestly, repair permissions rarely does anything to fix anything. So, what OS version is each Mac, and what FCP X and Motion versions are you running? What third party plugins have you installed? Hardware specs? Capacity of all hard drives and how much of that is free space?
  • harjeet
    Buddy as per your instructions I downloaded the preference manager but unfortunately I clicked on trash which almost deleted my every event on fcp x ... but I haven't deleted those files in the trash what to do please help ...? How i recover my data
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: