macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Oak,
    Animation and Split Screens. . .
    Hey All! Oak here. I am new to Video editing. I just bought a nice plugin for split screens. How do I get a clip to go to its position in a split screen slowly and not immediately? Animating its journey sort of. Any help would be appreciated. Oak
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Animation and Split Screens. . .
    Hi Oak, and welcome! What plugin do you buy? It would depend on the plugin ability as to whether you can create a transition/animation into the split screen. Also, are you using FCP X or an earlier version? Thanks Rounik
  • Oak,
    Hey Rounik! Thanks for the reply. I am using FCP X, and I bought a split screen plugin from FCPeffects: http://www.fcpeffects.com/collections/new-stuff/products/screen-splitter The "readme" instructions say I can use a Ken Burns effect with it, but I think that juts animates the crop; it won't move the clip slowly to its section of the split screen. Maybe I'm wrong on that. Ideas? Thanks again, Okorie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Okorie, Have you tried using the 'Transform' settings to resize and move the clips using keyframes? Hope that works... Rounik
  • BenB
    Right, if you use a plugin, you can only do what that plugin gives you the controls to do. For what you want to do, keyframing is super easy. Just remember you have to set a keyframe first (click the keyframe diamond to the right of the parameter in the Inspector), then after that set the parameter value. If you do it in reverse, you'll have problems.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: