macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BenB
    Re: Video Properties not recognized
    Do NOT use the iTunes preset. That will compress your files even MORE than they are now, and you will be losing quality, that's not a very good format to use. ProRes 422, don't use anything else to go into FCP with.
  • AngelsRoyale
    Thanks so much BenB! I know it causes the quality to drop, but I am not using THOSE converted files with FCP! What I am doing is selling video clips on two different websites. On my own website I want the video clips to be as high quality as possible, without getting too much bigger than the original MPG files. And if I have to edit the clips before putting the final product on my website, I will definitely follow your excellent advice and go with ProRes for the FCP. Even though a 1.6 gigabyte file wound up being more than 10 gigabytes after conversion! It was a long video, about 37 minutes. But hey I can always make the export file from FCP smaller. But no--the ones that I am using the iPod settings with are being sold on another website (not my own) that actually requires the files be that small! They do not care about the quality of the video, they just want to sell a lot of clips (mostly to Europeans I guess). When I convert the files for my own site, and don't have to edit them (which is about half the time), they wind up a little bigger than the original files. I have carefully checked them so that the quality appears to be the same, even if maybe not so good with FCP or editing.
  • BenB
    If there is an Apple TV preset, try that one, you'll get top quality and small file size. Not sure if it'll be small enough, but I'd recommend giving it a shot and see. Best of luck!
  • AngelsRoyale
    OK cool I will try it! Hey if you want a couple clips for helping me out I'd be glad to give them to you. It's not nasty stuff, kinda like Playboy--tiny bikinis etc. I was looking for a Private Message button but I don't see it, so I don't know how I could send you the links, but if we can figure out a way, I'd be happy to do that.
  • BenB
    You can contact me via my web site bbalser dot cee oh em. It's not necessary, mPV takes good care of me. They're the best folks to work with. It's my job to help folks out.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: