macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zeus
    Sharpening Footage
    Hey Ben, The footage I am trying to sharpen is in a format that has a .MPG at the end. Final cut works with it but Motion does not, so I was spitting out Quick Time Movies and working with that. Is that a mistake? Is there a better way of doing it. I know I wont be able to get as sharp as the footage from my camera. Core melt plugs are way better than FC. This is my first big paying gig and I am considering giving it away, I believe I will gain more respect that way. I have a certain standard I go by. What would you do?
  • BenB
    Re: Sharpening Footage
    Any Long-GOP format is horrible to work with like this. The flavors of MPEG are Long-GOP formats. They demand too much processing per frame, and fall apart quality wise with not much processing like this. When you say "QuickTime movies", what codec? QT is a library of codecs. You want to use ProRes LT or ProRes 422 depending on the original format. For MPEG, I'd say convert it to ProRes 422 LT. This can be done with FCP 7/x, Compressor, or QTPro.
  • Zeus
    Re: Sharpening Footage
    Just wanted to say thanks, you not only saved my project but I also got another contract from it. Peter
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: