macProVideo.com
Forums
  • conner
    Over Your Shoulder Tutorials
    Hi, I was wondering if there were any type of fcp tutorials that featured "over your shoulder" type tutorials. So instead of just showing you the features, you actually watch over their shoulder as they produce a video from start to finish. If there's not something already like it, I might even consider making some myself. Thanks for any input!
  • Hisham
    Re: Over Your Shoulder Tutorials
    Conner, there are 'project-based' tutorials on the Internet, if this is what you mean. Producing a video from start to finish would require access to the same footage and covering different topics to maximise the learning to the viewer. This can be a big undertaking but surely people always appreciate good content. In addition to MacPro Videos, there are books, tutorials and podcasts that I came across, e.g. Creative Cow and FCP community forums, which could be of help to you. Good luck and look forward to see what you'll bring.
  • conner
    Thanks for the reply. I looked around and couldn't find anything quite like that. I had a look at Creative Cow and they had some awesome stuff, but still mostly this is what this does, next... instead of application. I was thinking of making some tutorials of "cool final cut" video segments with things like cool and complex series of effects of something you would find from movies, and more application "template tutorials" where i go over difficult and unique intros, series of effects, etc. that people can copy off of for use themselves. What do you think? Thanks.
  • Hisham
    I am sure everyone would appreciate "cool final cut" segments, especially when you add your own 'flavours' to it.
  • conner
    Thanks for the help, I'll start tackling this in the near future and would like to have some really awesome and professional segments with tutorials. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or concerns.
  • BenB
    Check out the HUB articles here on mPV. There are many there already, and more coming out over the coming year every month.
  • conner
    I took at look at these: http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/category/final-cut but they're still more of "you can do this like this" than what i was thinking of. I think I'm going to make my own FCP Cool Segment Tutorials :)
  • BenB
    Are you looking for tutorials that show you how to do specific "tricks"? We will be posting those throughout the year here, also. The first thing one should do is learn the individual tools. Then figure out how to use them to create on your own. But there are tutorials on specific "tricks" if that's what you're looking for. I for one have many posted all over. Others have lots of stuff all over. If you can do them yourself, what exactly do you need them for? I'm a bit confused. What tricks or techniques specifically are you looking for?
  • BenB
    Something more like this? http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/motion/animating-map-lines-in-motion-5
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: