macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kixykua
    Cannot copy assets between Events ??
    I'm watching Ben Balser copy assets between events while holding Option key and dragging. This simply does not work for me! When i hold down the Option key all i get is a tool for adjusting the in and out marker points.. i NEVER get a hand tool. I've also tried to copy and paste an asset into another event on the same hard drive and that won't work either! Does Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
  • BenB
    Re: Cannot copy assets between Events ??
    It only works in the Browser's List mode, not in the Filmstrip mode. You probably know this, but for those who may now, the menu access is View > Event Browser > As List. The keyboard shortcut is Opt-Cmd-2. In the Tool bar its the Browser view mode button on the right, the one on the left is Filmstrip mode. Again, only works in List mode, when you drag it from the list, while holding the Option modifier key. Not holding Option "moves" it to the other Event.
  • Kixykua
    Thanks for the reply Ben! I just tried in list mode and the same problem persists.. instead of the hand tool, i get a double arrow (pointing left and right) that seems to adjust the in and out points. Not meaning to be argumentative but a little past half way in your chapter: 6. Managing Core Elements - part 2 i'm watching you do it in filmstrip mode.
  • BenB
    Do not grab the filmstrip view, even at the top of the List view. Grab the actual name of the clip in the List view. Watch VERY closely exactly where I grab the clip. I grab it at the start of it's name in the "Name" column of the list view. Not on the filmstrip at top. Does this help? And no, I'm not doing it in Flilmstrip mode, I'm doing it in List mode. I'm reviewing the video at this moment. In fact that specific video, I never go to Filmstrip mode, I'm always in List mode in the Browser.
  • Kixykua
    ok thanks again Ben, Call me nuts.. but when you are copying and moving assets you are indeed in filmstrip view.. i can see the icon selected in blue. And you do grab the middle of the clip in the filmstrip view.. not the name of the clip. Just to be sure we are talking about the same chapter it's Final Cut Pro X 204: Managing Media, 6. Managing Core Elements - Part 2 (2:26) I'm streaming it right now looking at the part with copying or moving assets from one Event to another on the same hard drive.
  • BenB
    I just re-checked the video online, and it is a pre 10.0.1 copy we did an update for. I'm making sure we have the corrected update fixed ASAP. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Try it in List view, it'll work flawlessly. There was a bug with it in 10.0.0, that Apple fixed in 10.0.1, and at that point it had to be done in List mode. Try it in List, it should work.
  • Kixykua
    Oh brilliant! that worked but only in list mode on the title as you said.. thanks very much. thought i was going nuts! What a time saver to know how to do that properly. Thanks Again!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: