macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sabine
    Chromascreen: Image improvement area+edge
    I am new to FCProX - watched tutorial which says "scroll over" once area and edge fixes are placed. What does this mean? It appears the fix is not applied. Also - have red box now on image from all the various attempts + image no longer sharp...HELP PLS
  • BenB
    Re: Chromascreen: Image improvement area+edge
    Could you give a little more detail of what you're doing? Scrolling over could mean Skimming to preview it. Are you rendering first?
  • Sabine
    like to send you screen shot so you can see for yourself - how can I attach screenshot here????
  • BenB
    No, no screenshots here. You'd have to post somewhere else and give a link to it. Even with a screenshot, you'd need to give the details of what you are actually doing, and what your goal is. Screenshots lack all of that information.
  • BenB
    Correction, I just noticed when typing your posts here on a thread, look at the very bottom of the text field, there's four "Options": Bold, Italic, [b]Add Image[/b], Add Link.
  • Sabine
    still there is a requirement to host it somewhere else. So here a link via dropbox http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38821329/Screen%20shot%202012-01-22%20at%209.42.59%20AM.png should have thought of this earlier....hopefully you can tell me how to get rid of this "box" which shows up on all projects now. I suspect it is some sort of setting that I created inadvertently.....??? Sabine
  • BenB
    Ah, THAT box. It's your navigation box. You're zoomed into the Viewer. Zoom in more and more and it shows you where in the frame you are. Cmd with the plus and minus keys (top right of your keyboard, above bracket keys) will zoom you in and out of the Viewer (cmd-3) with it's the active pane. Will zoom you in and out of the Timeline when it's the active pane (cmd-2). Shift-Z does a "fit to window" (both in Timeline and Viewer) and you won't see it.
  • Sabine
    Thank you for that. So now to the other question: how to improve image quality? I am aware of the two chroma screen edge treatments but am wondering what can be done for overall improvement. (you have camera specs) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38821329/Screen%20shot%202012-01-27%20at%2010.07.31%20AM.png
  • BenB
    What your camera digitized is what you have. No clue what your camera specs are. http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/how-to-green-or-blue-screen-in-fcp-x
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: