macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cavahia
    Final Cut Pro X and 10.0.3
    I would appreciate your comments on how Final Cut Pro X is shaping up, particularly after the recent 10.0.3 update. When the programme was first launched I was quite appalled by the negative response from so-called professional video editors. I mentioned at the time that they were far from professional and blinkered to the fact that FCPX was a completely new programme re-engineered from the bottom up. Comparisions with iMovie were quite rediculous. Now with the new update, the most recent reviews are extremely positive and the more intelligent are now coming to realise the great depths and potential of FCPX and all the worst critics have done is to deny themselves valuable learning time. The price, speed and the immensity of the editing facilities within FCPX put it in a class of its own. And having said so before, no video editing programme in itself can overcome bad video. I have dowloaded all the Michael Wohl's excellent series of FCPX tutorials and having been deeply involved in the production of the orginal Final Cut, I, and a lot of other people I am sure, would appreciate his views on how things are shaping up now. All the best to the MacProVideo team. Norman MacPhee
  • BenB
    Our local FCPUG meeting here in New Orleans last night reviewed the new features, focusing on multicam. We have members versed in PPro and MC, all were amazed by how powerful, flexible, capable, and easy FCPX multicam is. What is important to remember is that this is not just a new app, but built on totally new framework, new technology, and it takes time to do. FCP X is professional as anything else. I'm shocked that editors claim they don't want to have to learn a whole new NLE. As an educator I can tell you that anyone in any profession who isn't constantly learning new things will stagnate and be passed over. It's amazingly simple to learn, use, and professional. The 10.0.3 update has proven that FCP X is a unique and powerful tool. I predict that by the end of 2012 we will see other NLEs copying many of the features that make it so powerful. And we will see a great deal of growth and more power added to it. Remember that it sold through the App Store, which is a pay-once model, all upgrades are free.
  • Cavahia
    Re: FCPX and 10.0.3
    Hi BenB I am indebted to you for replying and exhanging the views of your FCPUG. It is nice to have considered opinion and I hope it reasures others to invest in what is proving to be a stellar application. I have a sneeking suspicion that some so-called experts wallow in the degree of difficulty they encounter in using some other NLEs because it makes them feel good. The beauty of FCPX is that you have the choice of being an amatuer or as highly professional as you wish to be. Good luck and all the best to you and your club members from Scotland. Norman
  • BenB
    Re: FCPX and 10.0.3
    I have a blog post about this, basically what we used to think of as "professional" doesn't really exist any longer. It's a term that in the media production field is all but obsolete. As are "industry standards". The overwhelming majority of folks making money in this industry are not Hollywood or broadcast people any longer. http://www.fcproxuniversity.com/FCPro_X_University/Extra_Credit/Entries/2012/2/5_Nothing_Is_Professional_%26_Industry_Standards_No_Longer_Exist.html
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: