macProVideo.com
Forums
  • tedhuman7
    Wide screen format in iDVD
    I have a quicktime formatted file that I created in FCP and it is in wide screen format. I use that in iDVD and change the project info to 16:9 aspect ratio and also in the project window. Twice now it has resulted in a 4:3 DVD. While it is burning, I can see the preview and it IS 16:9. What gives ? I jUST had a project that I created successfully in 16:9 format. ???????
  • BenB
    Re: Wide screen format in iDVD
    What are you playing it back on? May DVD players, both hardware and software, allow you to specify which you want to watch a widescreen DVD by. Go back over every setting in iDVD. I'm not very familiar with it, but I've not heard of this happening before. Doesn't mean it hasn't, just I haven't see that issue with it before.
  • tedhuman7
    Hey Ben, Thank you for responding. It turned out to be the way iDVD interprets the Aspect ratio and the result was that it produced a 4;3 instead of the 16:9 I had created. Here is the APPLE support article that cured it for me and it explains the reason quite well. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1611?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US Take care, TED
  • BenB
    So glad you found a solution, even more that you shared it! Congrats! Glad you can get things working again.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: