macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kjetil
    final cut pro and timelaps
    hello i have taken some fhoto 2second per fhoto with my gopro and i want to make a timelap in fcpx i have get my pictures in the time line but how can i get it played faste so it looks like a timelaps?? thanks
  • BenB
    Re: final cut pro and timelaps
    You need to assemble them in either QuickTime 7 Pro or Motion to make this much easier. Open QT 7 Player, File > Open Image Sequence, adjust settings as desired. You'll "Save" this as a QT movie file. Motion, in the File Browser find the folder that has your sequentially numbered timelapse photos. With the very first numbered photo selected, at the bottom left of the File Browser is a button that switches between seeing Image Sequences as individual photos, or as just one file. You want that first photo to have "(###)" somewhere in the name. That means it's showing the Image Sequence as one video file. Import that into your Project, adjust timing as you with, Export as a QT movie file. If you do it in FCP X, go to Final Cut Pro > Preferences > Editing, set Still Images default length to 1 frame. Then Import the folder that has your Image Sequence photos in it, be sure "Import Folders As Keyword Collects" is selected so all photos are in the same Keyword Collection in the Event. Then you can go to that Event, Cmd-A to Select All, then "E" to drop them all in order into the Timeline. They'll each be 1 frame each, and play like a movie. Then just Cmd-E to export them as a QT movie.
  • kjetil
    thanks i will try this
  • kjetil
    ohoh i have i problem with my imac it work so slowly when i use the final cut pro x it there some sort off way to get my imac upgraded so he work faster with final cut pro x ??
  • BenB
    Few things to try. First, turn off rendering. Second, use Proxy media. Thrid, use an external hard drive, not your system drive, to put your Events and Projects on. Finally, max out the RAM on it. What exactly is going slow?
  • kjetil
    when i drag down the pictures into the timeline it take alot off time to get it there and when i try to play the timelaps it startôs to work very mutch and the playing is not smooth? and when i am stabilizing movies on it it is very slow ?? where do i turn off rendering and background rendering? and can you explane too me what this rendering is? what kind off external hard drive do you use ? thanks
  • BenB
    I don't understand.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: