macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kd7gkn
    FCPX - Splitting project into smaller video's on export.
    I have a bunch of concert video's that I've been editing with the new multicam feature. Anyway it would be very useful if I could figure out how to split a 2 hour concert up into smaller segments or by songs on export. Is there anyway to do this other than creating a different project for each song. It seems like I should be able to just set markers or put cuts in my project and then tell the exporter to make multiple files labeled name_1.mov, name_2.mov, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
  • BenB
    Create new, empty Compound Clips in your Event, label one for each song. Drop Multicam Clip into each, trim to just one song, edit. Then drop the finished song Compounds into a Project for final output.
  • kd7gkn
    Re: compound clips
    Do I need a different project for each compound clip?
  • BenB
    No, make the Compounds in the Event Browser. Then you can open each in its own timeline to edit. No "Projects" involved. If you want to later, you can drop several Compounds into one Project.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: