macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jamagu
    FXC Save time in Sharing
    Hi I need to burn DVD quickly for short clips about 3-5 minutes. Movies are frist tandem parachute jumps. Usually I fix clips whit saturation or vibrancy filter I have a Mac BookPro 15" 2.4 Ghz Inel core 2, 8GB Ram. Now my way is: 1) stop all background activity 2) export media in a folder 3) burn DVD by Toast For this job need about 10-15 minutes If I burn dvd by the share menu of FXC need about 20-25 minutes. There is another fast way? "to reduce this job in 5-6 minutes? Can I reduce at 5-6 minute this flow whit an i7 processor? Bye Silvano
  • BenB
    Share menu does take more time. It'd be faster on a 17". Be sure you're events and projects are on a FW800 or Thunderbolt drive. Export QT movie, use Toast 11 to burn DVDs, it's much faster.
  • BenB
    Re:
    I just thought of something. Take the video clip of the jump, open in QuickTime X player (10.1), and you can "split" the clip (playhead where you want to razor blade "split", Cmd-Y), delete the unwanted parts, Export. Then if you just play it back in something that will output to a set-top DVD "recorder", they record in real time, and would be the fastest thing to do. You'd need some I/O device like Matrox or something to go out to the recorder. If you wanted to put the business logo, etc, build a template Project in FCP X. Take the video in to that. With an I/O box like Matrox that FCP X will recognize, play out to your set-top recorder. That would be the absolute fastest way to go.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: