macProVideo.com
Forums
  • benulous
    Fine Edits, Distortion & keying FX in FCPX
    Hi there, I'm new here to the video realm [been doing audio for a long time]. MPV has enabled me to hit the ground running! So, I'm busily knocking out some projects. Thanks! Now, for my question. I'm finding that my learning curve is hindered because I'm not sure of some terminology...BUT, I'm starting to dig in to attempting FX in Motion5 and/or FCPX. Currently, I'd like to alter the eye color of my subject on the video I'm working with. Basically they have brown eyes now, but I'd like to make them fully 'black' [like, all evil 'n stuff]. Can someone give me some workflow advice to get me going? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!! Ben
  • BenB
    Re: Fine Edits, Distortion & keying FX in FCPX
    In FCP X you'll use the "Color Mask" tool in the color correction section of the Inspector. It's a bit more to explain than I have space or time for here in a forum. It's explained and demonstrated very well in the "FCP X 107 Color Correction" video course here on macProVideo, in lesson 18 "Using Color Masks". [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/finalcutprox107-color-correction-techniques"[/url] You can also look it up in the User Manual (available via the Help menu in FCP X); Color Correction section > Adjust Color Manually > Target Specific Areas Using Shape Masks. That will give you some bare bones information to experiment with. But Mr. Wohl does a really awesome job explaining it and actually showing it in real time. It can save you a lot of headaches.
  • benulous
    Re: Fine Edits, Distortion & keying FX in FCPX
    Awesome! Thanks Ben! Ben
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: