macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xopasoo
    Volume and Pan Slider versus Audio Keyframes
    I am watching movie #11 titled Additional Keyframing Tools in Section 2 of Final Cut Pro X 105 Working with Audio, at time code 2:00 and Michael is talking about the action which takes place when adjusting the volume slider in the info pane on a selected clip when the playhead is parked in between keyframes. Michael states that making this adjustment with the slider changes the relative volume of the entire clip. However, when I do this, it automatically adds a keyframe and adjusts the volume of the audio at the point I start to move the volume slider. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, if I have got some preference set wrong, or if this is in fact a change in the behavior of the volume slider in the information panel of the selected clip. I just started using FCPX after this latest release of 10.0.3 so I wouldn't know how the behavior was in previous version. Also, considering how fact changes are occurring with FCPX after each update, is there a place we can go to here on macProVideo, or is there a newsletter of some sort that we can subscribe to so we can be alerted or notified if any changes to the application do occur that conflict with the training courses since their original release? Thanks!
  • BenB
    Re: Volume and Pan Slider versus Audio Keyframes
    Yes, 10.0.3 changed how keyframes are handled. They work like they did in FCP legacy now. You only have to manually create the first keyframe in a clip, then any time you change that same parameter in the same clip, a new keyframe is automatically created. It now works this way in Motion, also. I'm not sure how the updates are being handled for that specific series, but you may want to contact tech support and ask them. [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url]
  • Xopasoo
    Re: Volume and Pan Slider versus Audio Keyframes
    Okay, thanks Ben.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: