macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Meredith in GA
    AVCHD and Final Cut Express or iMovie
    Hi all, I had someone record some student presentations for me last week, and they gave me an SD card with the video files. The actual video is .mts, but I do have the full folder structure saved: private (which I renamed b/c I have two days worth) > AVCHD > AVCHD and BDMV and IISVPL... and so on. I can't figure out how to get these into either of my video programs successfully (they always seem grayed out). To complicate things, I do not have access to the camera (nor do I know what kind it was). I no longer have the files on my SD card, either. They are only on the Mac. I don't need to do anything fancy. Just separate them into individual presentations and give them back to the students. Any help you can provide would be greatly greatly appreciated. thanks!
  • BenB
    Re: AVCHD and Final Cut Express or iMovie
    Look in to MpegStreamClip for converting all of that into ProRes. Basically, you camera records to a Blu-Ray DVD, and you simply need to rip the contents to ProRes 422.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: