macProVideo.com
Forums
  • VannessV
    FCP7. The different color between Viewer and Canvas???
    Hi everyone. The 1st, i wanna to ask you guys. I dont know why's the Viewer windows color and the Canvas windows color was different? Their are the same footage i were import from Color. Let's see the image below to see that. [img]http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/duyvo87/ScreenShot2012-04-09at103713AM.png[/img] Can anybody show me how? Thank you so much. The second one is: I were using Color to color grade my video. I were sent the sequence from FCP 7 to color. And when i've done. Im sent back to FCP to playback. But I dont know why some footage in Sequence from color has duration shortly than the original footage? Can anyone show me how to fix it as soon as possible? Thanks you and best regards, Vanns
  • BenB
    Re: FCP7. The different color between Viewer and Canvas???
    Like all editing apps, FCP uses lower res proxies for playback performance, on top of the fact TV's and computer monitors do NOT show you the true image. You need a broadcast monitor such as Flanders Scientific via an HD-SDI connection to see the true image and do true color grading work. When Color renders it only creates files that are the duration of the actual clip being used, not the full Master clip. This is normal, and most all color grading apps do this. Thus, we do color grading last, when the edits are final and locked down.
  • BenB
    Re: FCP7. The different color between Viewer and Canva...
    Another difference is these are two different copies of the clip. The Viewer copy was opened from the Browser, the Canvas always shows the copy in the Timeline. Does the one in the Timeline have any filters on it?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: