macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gordo
    FULL OVERLAP TRANSITION OPTION
    Hi I recently bought the last version of Final Cut Pro X and the option to use the Full Overlap Transition is not there. I checked if there was any update and installed all latest stuff yesterday. Still that option is not present yet you show very clearly in the Tutorial, in Preferences / Editing that we can choose between 2 options: Full Overlap or Available Media I really don't like to work with available media! So what do we have to do to get that option? Thanks for your help! Gordo
  • BenB
    It caused too much confusion and problems, so in response to user feedback, the Preference option was removed. Use Available Media is now the default, as it should be. If you apply a transition and you don't have enough Handles (unused media in the clip to accommodate a transition), FCPX will warn you and ask you if you want to ripple the Timeline I order to physically allow the transition, or not allowing you to manually make the nessisary ripple edits yourself. Everyone works with "available media", as there physically is nothing else to work with. If you don't understand the term of "Handles" I would be happy to explain it, but do not want to make such assumptions about what our users may or may not know.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: