macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gretta
    looking for effects FCPX
    what is it called?â¦you have one image in front and behind is the same image but stretched, desaturated, blurred, maybe doubled on the 2 sidesâ¦I think it is a way of using an SD image in an HD frame size. Also, I am looking to put a frame/border on still image. Answer me this: how to apply a border/image mask or whatever to a cropped image? They all seem to exist around the original edge of the image (eg: RT Vintage) (PS, I do not really enjoy graphic design; I liked being the 'offline editor'â¦victim of the revolution in desktop video) TIA, Gretta
  • BenB
    Re: looking for effects FCPX
    Ah, you're doing some basic compositing. You may want to learn Motion to take full advantage of it's sophisticated tools for this type of work. In FCP, you can place one image above another on the Timelne. Shrink the top image (Scale in the Inspector) and it will be smaller than the one beneath it, and you see the background image in the empty space left by shrinking the top image. You can apply desaturation with the Color Correction controls, and blur with a Blur effect. You can put an SD image in an HD timeline, but it will be small inside the frame. If you enlarge the Scale parameter to make it fit, it will lose some image quality. Boarders do follow the edge of the original image, not anything cropped. But if you crop your image, then put it inside of a Compound Clip, applying the boarder to that CC should work. Much of this is very basic and covered in Mr. Wohl's FCP X video course here.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: