macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Didedey
    Canon AVCHD import fails, stream error reported in Final Cut Pro
    I'd been using my Canon HFS 100 camcorder with 16 GB SDHC class 6 memory cards (from Transcend) with no problems. But I picked up three 32 GB SDHC Class 6 cards (also from Transcend), and I've had errors importing clips in FCP X with at least two of the cards. Typically FCP X says "Import Failed," that "the following clip encountered an error during importâ¦" and ends with "Stream Error at:" and a timecode. Anybody else have similar issues, or any recommendations? It seems odd that I'd get at least two "bad" memory cards in a row, if that's the explanation -- and the cards are the same spec-wise as the 16GB cards that have been reliable, except for the increased capacity. The only other thing that's different is that I'm now using Canon's MXP, 1920 x 1080 resolution; I'd been using mainly the FXP 1440 x 1080 setting in the past. I tried re-initializing the cards, but I continue to get errors. Any suggestions?
  • BenB
    Re: Canon AVCHD import fails, stream error reported in...
    Try copying the contents of the cards to a hard drive first, but be sure the folder hierarchy of the SDHC card stays literally in tact. Try importing the clips from the card with Image "Image Capture" application in your Applications folder. Then see if they still come in corrupted. It could be that the larger card, and more demanding video file format may need a bit faster than class 6 card. I've found a card with faster read/write speeds to solve problems on some DSLRs. Class 6 is a minimum spec, so try a faster class card.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: