macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JonK
    Graphic into Final Cut X
    I need to bring an outside graphic for a Lower Third into a project and am having some trouble. Thought I may be able to bring it into Motion, and on to FCP. I have done all that, tried saving it in different formats...I can see my graphic in the thumbnail along the right rail under Lower Thirds in FCP. However, each time I try to drag it over a video clip, I get the blue screen instead of the graphic below the shot. What am I missing? Thanks.
  • BenB
    Re: Graphic into Final Cut X
    Only projects created in Motion can be templates. Importing an already built graphic won't really work. Well, it could, but so much will depend on the video clip you're importing. Going through Motion for an already created lower third is a waste of time, won't help anything. An existing video clip will work best just importing it into an Event. The deep blue screen means it's not compatible for some reason. So in order to trouble shoot this, I need some information. What app was this clip created in, what video format is it in (codec)?
  • JonK
    This is just a graphical element, a lower third to be used in a video I shot, that was created in Illustrator. Thanks for your assistance.
  • BenB
    Then just save it out as a PNG or PSD file with an alpha channel. The only reason to bring it into Motion is to animate it, rig it, or add text boxes others can fill in. If none of those apply, leave it as is. If you need the layers, save it as a PSD file, if you'd like.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: