macProVideo.com
Forums
  • BenB
    FCP in Mountain Lion
    I've been testing Mountain Lion for about 24 hours now. Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 have some very slight performance improvements, not a lot. But more stable for sure. ML will not give you anything extra in FCP X. Final Cut Studio 3 apps run fine in Mountain Lion. But I've not been able to do really large, heavy projects. But small ones are just fine. Beware that this is still new, and we may see reports of issues crop up over the next week or so, or may not. Use caution when upgrading your OS. And never upgrade your OS in the middle of a project! Wait until all of your current work is finished! Be sure to check Software Update and the App Store to update everything to the latest versions before updating. Then run Disk Utility (and Disk Warrior if you have it) BEFORE upgrading. I have a good Internet connection and ML upgrade too 45 minutes to download, 3 minutes to unpack, then 35 minutes to install. Run the App Store after to update apps after the update, too, as well as Disk Utility again.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: Re: FCP in Mountain Lion
    Thanks for the feedback BenB. To users who wish to test Mountain Lion out, to be safe you can clone your current Snow Leopard/Lion system to an external hard disk and then upgrade it to Mountain Lion. If all works fine, then you can clone this working system of Mountain Lion to your internal Mac disk. I recommend using Carbon Copy Cloner if you wish to do this ([url]http://www.bombich.com/[/url]) Least you can revert easily back to your previous working system if all doesn't work.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: