macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Merwede
    Mixed media formats into FCP X and final output to DVD
    Hello FCP users, Could someone please advise me on the following. I want to combine and edit two movies with different formats (as shown below) in Final Cut Pro X and after that export the result to DVD, to be watched on a HD TV. (PAL) I've used MPEG Streamclip to convert both to ProRes 422, 720x576 for import into FCP X, but is that the best option for getting the best results? [b]1[/b] ; DV-PAL, 720x576(767x576) Linear PCM, 16 bit big-endian signed integer, 2 channels, 32000HZ, 25 fps [b]2[/b] ; Apple Intermediate Codec, 960x540 Linear PCM, 16 bit big-endian signed integer, 2 channels, 48000HZ, 25 fps Thank you. iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • BenB
    Re: Mixed media formats into FCP X and final output to...
    Really depends on what cameras the clips are from, and what specific output you want. You said DVD. Looks like standard def DVD. You also mention PAL, so we'll assume you're in PAL land. AIC is outdated, replaced by ProRes, never touch it, ever again. Import your clips, create a new Project. Make that Project "PAL SD" which defaults to the settings you want. That is standard definition. Do NOT go to a high def (Blu Ray) DVD or Project timeline. Standard def video does NOT up-rez to HD well. It will look horrible. You'll be blowing it up way to large. If you need HD delivery, you MUST shoot HD originals. But once you edit, simply go to File > Share > DVD, and you'll be good to go.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: