macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zute
    No option for transitions in preferences in FCPX 10.0.6
    Nearly finished my first project in fcpx and want to add some fade transitions without eating into the existing footage. Yet under preferences I cant find the check box for full overlap or use available media. I read on another forum this option had been removed? Why would one want the fade to go over the desired in or out point? Is there a work around? Thanks Zute
  • BenB
    Re: Re: No option for transitions in preferences in FCPX 1...
    Full Overlap (actually an automatic ripple edit) still exists, just not as an unnecessary option in the Preferences. Now, when you drop a transition onto an edit point, if there are not enough "handles", FCP X will warn you that the only way to do the transition is via Full Overlap (auto ripple). When you edit, you must be aware of your "handles" and plan accordingly. There can not be any magic, telepathic, "fix this the way I want now" button for edits and transitions. [url]http://www.fcproxuniversity.com/FCPro_X_University/Extra_Credit/Entries/2012/11/5_Handles_%26_Transitions.html[/url]
  • Zute
    Re: No option for transitions in preferences in FCPX 1...
    Thanks, the link is very helpful.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: