macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Doguwya
    final Cut pro converting to MP3
    I have recorded some sound bits on Final Cut Pro 10.7.5. I want to convert them to MP3. They sound great on Final Cut but then sound like a robot once they are converted to MP3. What's going on here? Why are they converting so badly?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Re: final Cut pro converting to MP3
    What settings are you using? Export it out at the highest bit rate. Preferably 192kbps of higher. This post is under the Ableton category not Final Cut. Are you using Ableton or Final Cut to export the audio out?
  • Doguwya
    Re: final Cut pro converting to MP3
    Sorry, Final Cut. The file is for a TBT, computer training module. They asked for the audio to be an MP3. The only way to record the audio, with my present equipment, is to record it using an AJA IO device. It can not make an audio only file so it makes a video and audio file. I then take this into FCP Pro X. I take each file and cut them to size. Then share them as an MP3. While on FCP it sounds great. Once it is converted it sounds like a robot. Aiff and Acc did the same thing. Why is it converting so badly? I love the way you can take a video and audio file and share it as an audio only file without having to strip off the video. But it needs to sound good as well. I appreciate your help. BTW I love the tutorials. You guys do a great job. Thanks
  • BenB
    Re: Re: Re: Re: final Cut pro converting to MP3
    What version of FCP X are you on? There is no 10.7.5, I'll assume you mean 10.0.7, the latest version. I have no clue what "TBT" is. To start with record your audio directly inside of FCP X. Window menu, "Record Audio". FCP X will recognize your AJA devices. I use them in my own studio. Edit it up inside of FCP X. Here are three links with info about doing this. These apply to anything you're recording, not only voice work. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/fcp-x-voice-over-editing-short-takes[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/final-cut/fcp-x-voice-over-editing-long-projects[/url] [url]http://www.fcproxuniversity.com/FCPro_X_University/Extra_Credit/Entries/2011/9/22_Working_With_Audio_In_Final_Cut_Pro_X.0.1_2_%28and_some_recording_tricks%29.html[/url] When you export, you need to set up a custom "Destination". File > Share > Add Destination. Double click the "Export File" icon in the right hand section of that window. In the left hand side, where it was added, rename it "MP3 Export". With it highlighted, in the right-side pane, set it as thus: Format: Audio Only Audio File Format: MP3 File You can set chapter markers as you wish. Set "Open With" to "Do Nothing". Use this for your exports.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: