macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nick Animation
    Final Cut Ex Changing video aspect and quality when in/outputtin
    Hi, If anybody could help i'd be so grateful. I'm just trying to edit an animation together, the files i've created and want to edit come from toon boon animate pro on mac. My problem is simple. When they render in final cut express the quality is altered and so is the aspect. this is tru on export. Even as a PNG file, or full quality It's really spoiling the files from animate. i've made a picture to explain better. [url]http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8034/whatds.jpg[/url] Like i say, if anybody could help i'll give you a credit on it lol! Many thanks, Nick
  • BenB
    Re: Final Cut Ex Changing video aspect and quality whe...
    You're starting off with a non-standard frame size, and it is getting exported to NTSC standard video frame size, thus aspect ratio. Which I suspect you are. I'd recommend starting off with an NTSC-DV Sequence, work with that from the start. But if you want to keep the non-standard frame size of the original PNG file, you'll need to create a custom Sequence with the PNG's non-standard frame size. Then Export as a self-contained QT file set to "Current Settings" I think its called.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: