macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bsar
    Output with a Dual Monitor setup
    I am editing in final cut pro X. I am using a dual monitor setup and I would like to output my timeline directly to my second monitor while playing back the timeline like in Final Cut Pro 7. So i can review at a larger size any edits I have made in the timeline.. I have looked at the options and preferences and have not been able figure it out.. SO frustrating this new Final Cut. still trying to decide if it is worth it to learn this program....
  • BenB
    Re: Output with a Dual Monitor setup
    Have you gone through Michael Wohl's training here yet? It is very comprehensive and can save you lots of time and frustration figuring things out for the first time. All NLE's are tough to learn, none are simple or obvious enough to just figure out by trial and error. The options for dual monitor display are in the Window menu. There are two options, Show Events... or Show Viewers On Second Display. If you want broadcast out, which it sounds like you need, you'll first need a device with SDI or HDMI output such as an AJA Kona card, or Io XT. Configure that at the very bottom of the Playback section of the Preferences. Then go to the Window menu and enable A/V out.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: