macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mpv_user_Darrel
    Final Cut Pro X 10.0.7
    Every time I load Final Cut my whole computer locks up, it tries to load a project I've been working on and it never stops loading. The project I was working on is a simple interview with photos and a background added, the program started locking up when I imported a photo that was very large. Could the file be corrupt?
  • BenB
    Re: Final Cut Pro X 10.0.7
    Always re-size photos to your timeline frame size before importing. If they're too large, it won't help, and could hurt when you have to shrink them. Making things larger looses image quality quickly, but making things smaller can still cause image quality loss, just not as quickly. Also, the format of the photos is important. So 2 pieces of information would help here. 1- What file type is it, RAW, JPEG, PNG, etc? 2- What is its actual fame size? You can try a couple of things in the mean time. 1- Download "Preference Manager" from Digital Rebellion (dot com) and use it to safely and easily trash FCP X's preference files. This won't hurt anything, you won't lose anything. 2- Go into the Event folder that photo is in, be sure to move all Render files into the Trash. Also perhaps move the photo itself out of the Original Media folder. Go into the Project folder and trash all Render files. This will cause FCP X to show the photo as Offline/Missing when FCP launches, but that's OK. Just right-click it and choose "Move To Trash". Re-import once it is re-sized for your timeline, and be sure to select "Optimize" in the Import window.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: