macProVideo.com
Forums
  • steven
    Re: how to sync clips to a music track
    here my first project after switching from iMovie to FCPX this is what I was hoping to accomplish -make a fun souvenir, reminder for myself and the people who came with me -make a fun movie for the people at home -and maybe a fun movie for other people who ski, so if they see this, the must think; 'hmm, I wanna go skiing now!' I try to make it flashy and fast. and with a music mix of the hits of that moment (in europe) if people see the full 10 minutes without skipping or stopping before the end than it's a succes for me but, do not expect to much, you are probably a pro... but the reactions are good so far some people comment that if they for example hear that music on the radio, they see the pictures flashing by... and without asking I've been offered small freelance editing jobs... so for me it's a succes and this was before I took all the lessons of macprovideo tomorrow I leave on my last skitrip of the season, so a few more videos are to come the next moths I'm thinking of fading the DJ work a bit away and do something professional with editing in the future. but a lot to learn... enjoy https://vimeo.com/59063539
  • BenB
    That's a really fun video. Your DJ talents really help it out, too. I haven't been skiing in so long, it brought back memories. I hope to go again some day. Check out my FCProXUniverstity.com site. There's some free templates and such. Also, be sure you record at 60p if you can. Larger files, but when you use the Conform in a 24p timeline, the slow motion is in camera frame accurate and super silky smooth. I have a member of my local FCP users group (see if there's one close to you), Mickey Gaidos who does a lot of BMX bike stuff, very similar to your skiing stuff. You could maybe pick up some tricks and shots from him. He uses a GoPro and a couple of other cameras all together. He has more stuff on YouTube, also. [url]http://vimeo.com/user1952373[/url] And drop me a line (via bbalser.com), I have a weekly newsletter for my local FCP users group, too.
  • steven
    ok, thanks I'm gonna look at all of that but now my wife is whining... I must go and pack to leave this night to france... till next week greeetz steven
  • steven
    one thing, problem with the drift action cams 60frames is only possible in 720mode... the drift hd ghost looks cooler and is more user friendly , but the go pro specs are better
  • BenB
    720 is still great high def footage!
  • Hukiwoi
    So, BenB, how about a tutorial on editing video to a music track? I checked out Steve Horelick's Logic Pro tutorial on composing music for an extant video, but it would be great to have a FCPX tutorial approaching it from the opposite direction.
  • steven
    sounds great! greeetz steven https://vimeo.com/83962494
  • BenB
    We will see what we can get done for you guys. Music video production and editing are a very exciting process.
  • RicardoCheek
    Re: Re: how to sync clips to a music track
    Well its easier to sync clips to a music track on iPad. Simply you have to dig an app called [b]Shimmeo[/b] from [url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shimmeo-music-video-creator/id974747911?mt=8[/url], which will edit your video with your chosen song with perfect lip synch. This app features array of styles, record in normal, slow or fast mode, offer seamless editing and transitions, provide flexibility to add new tracks, search for genres options, share videos on the Facebook, Twitter, email or iMessage and perfectly lip synch to your favorite songs. I hope you will like this app!!!!
  • steven
    [quote=RicardoCheek]Well its easier to sync clips to a music track on iPad. Simply you have to dig an app called [b]Shimmeo[/b] from [url]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shimmeo-music-video-creator/id974747911?mt=8[/url], which will edit your video with your chosen song with perfect lip synch. This app features array of styles, record in normal, slow or fast mode, offer seamless editing and transitions, provide flexibility to add new tracks, search for genres options, share videos on the Facebook, Twitter, email or iMessage and perfectly lip synch to your favorite songs. I hope you will like this app!!!![/quote] looks cool, thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: