macProVideo.com
Forums
  • HMS
    FCPX Viewing On 3rd Display
    Anyone know how to show the viewer on a 3rd display. I used to be able to do this, but seems like since one of the last couple of upgrades, I can't figure out how to do this. I like stretching the timeline across 1st 2 monitors and viewing on the 3rd monitor. Thanks.
  • BenB
    Re: FCPX Viewing On 3rd Display
    FCP X only ever supported 2 computer monitors. What you're talking about is using two monitors configured as one screen, and the 3rd is configured as your second monitor. This is done in the System Preferences, under Displays. Be aware that FCP X and Motion are very GPU dependent. If you hook two monitors to one graphics card, that card's resources (GPU power, VRAM) get cut in half and shared between the to independently. Applications will only be able to access the GPU and VRAM resources assigned to the primary monitor. Hooking three cuts your graphic card's resources into thrids, so FCP X and Motion will lose even more performance. What size monitors are you using, and what graphics card?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: