macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gretta
    how to ripple delete all elements
    Scenario: a project timeline with primary and connected clips (both video and audio), and running full length, a submix with all other roles disabled. I want to delete a section thru all. (back in the old days, it was set I/O and shift-delete.) I can Blade All, I can select a range in primary, but how can I delete a section thru all elements? (doing them one at a time throws off the sync, of course) TIA
  • BenB
    Re: how to ripple delete all elements
    Be sure you're on FCP X version 10.0.6 or 10.0.7. "R" gets the Range tool in the Timeline. Draw a range in the Primary Storyline across the section you want to cut out. Hit the delete key, done! It will remove EVERYTHING that occupies the space of the range, not only in the Primary Storyline, but connected clips, also. If the range falls in the middle of a Storyline clip, or a connected clip, those will get cut (or bladed) at that point. Very easy, very fast.
  • gretta
    Re: how to ripple delete all elements
    No, it doesn't. I think it cuts connected clips that are connected to the clips you have included in the range, but the Mixed track is connected at the very beginning of the project, so was not cut. I did find that if I first Blade All, then select with the range tool, the cut will be made across all 'tracks'. Should be one step, IMHO. A feature request⦠Thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: