macProVideo.com
Forums
  • kd7gkn
    Exporting chapters and separate files.
    I have a 40 minutes multicam clip of a concert that I need to break up into individual files by song. I have all the chapter marks set where they should be but I can't find an easy way to export them as separate files. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to create 11 different projects.
  • BenB
    Re: Exporting chapters and separate files.
    Use the Range tool to do this. In the Timeline, its keyboard shortcut is "R". Move the range skimmer to where you want to start, click and drag to where you want to end. It doesn't matter what clip or group of clips you're creating the range on, when you export, EVERYTHING that falls inside of that "range" is exported. You can also just use the "i" and "o" keys to set the start and end of the range when the tool is active. Another alternative would be to select everything in each chapter, make them into a Compound Clip, then you can just select each "chapter" (compound clip) in the Event Browser and export just that part. Chapter markers only translate to chapters when burning to DVD.
  • kd7gkn
    Thank you. That helps. Chapters also work in quicktime mov files I've noticed. FYI.
  • BenB
    Yes, they do, in QT Play and iTunes. Very handy for podcasts.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: